Sunday, February 5, 2012

I'm here.



I made it here.  After being delayed 6 hours, almost missing my flight and being randomly searched by a big sweaty guy named Lou, I made it.

I'm doing well. The first few days were rough but It think it's just because I was jet lagged. 6 hours is rough when compared to 12 or 14. I arrived at 5pm and then I had to start work the following morning at 10:30.  Without any sleep, that day was overwhelming to say the least.  The people are very nice and so far, it seems to be a great work environment.  The only thing that is killing me is having to sit for 9 hours a day in front of a computer.  That, I am not used to. Well, at least not for that long.  There have already been times where I wanted to pick up my computer and throw it out the window. Haha..  For all of you that work in an office setting, I feel for you.  I couldn't do it.

Basically my job is to take the photos in the Medair database and organize, delete, tag and make it more user friendly.  I don't really know how I am going to do that yet but, hey, I haven't even been here for a week yet.

People come and go here because of the way Medair operates.  Some may be here for 3 days, others 7.  They fly in for briefings and leave shortly after.  It's hard to get to know people.  That can make being here slightly lonely at times.

It is VERY cold here.  About -12 most days but it's all the wind coming off lake Geneva that makes it unbearable.  Sucks, because it doesn't make going out very fun.  I walked to Lausanne the other day (6 KM) and now my face is burned from the wind chill.


I know that I have spoken about this a few times before but, this trip has really revealed how much I rely on the friendships and relationships in my life.  I have so many amazing friends and I'm so thankful for all of you.  I miss you all and I can't wait to see you.





Well, There's a little update. I hope to send out more as I have time but my internet use has been limited because I don't have any at my apartment. I have had to find down coffee shops.  All good.







"Friendship is the most valuable thing a man can have. It's worth more than money, land, horses and cattle.  It might be the only thing you never forget.  It lasts forever."  -Butch Cassidy







2 comments:

Vivien said...

Re your quote. Friendship is very important yes but in a "desert island" situation, there are a lot less moral dilemmas associated with eating cattle as opposed to friends.

Just sayin'.

brenserez said...

Haha, so.. I'm right! ....