Friday, January 27, 2012

Switzerland.. What?!


















Hello everyone,


In my last update I mentioned something about "my next adventure". Well, said adventure has just been confirmed so I can now tell you about it!

On Monday I am flying to Switzerland to work for an NGO called Medair. I will be living there for 2 months and then I'm flying back to Canada for a week and then I'm off on my big trip for 18 months.

It's all starting to sink in.  All of this was just confirmed about 10 days ago when I was still working on the video so, I didn't have time to think about it.  But now, it's hitting me like a Mack truck.  It's funny...   I have lived in Hanover for about 6 years; the first four were spent hidden away everyone while I worked away at the Campground.  It's only been in the last 2 years that I have ventured out into the community and started meeting people.  It's caught me off guard because suddenly i'm realizing how much I care about the relationships I have here in Hanover.  Without noticing it, it has become my home and my family.  I know that I'm only leaving for 20 months, but....  still.   I've always said: "it doesn't matter what I face in life as long as I have friends that are behind me".  So friends, please know that I don't take you lightly or for granted.  I am confident that this is the path God has me on, so you could say "suck it up buttercup and git er dun!" Still..   There it is.

I'm excited.  I really am.  God is doing some incredible things and I can't wait to see where he takes me.

This has been a quick update for you all.  I will try and post something before I leave in 2 days! Wow..



Thanks,
Bren









No comments: