Saturday, February 25, 2012

Alps, Travel, Flights, and VISAS!


Time flies..

It's already been 26 days since I arrived here in Switzerland.  Going well...  Being here is definitely a blessing as is the ability to see family members I don't usually get to see.  The job isn't that fun-sitting in front of a computer for 9 hours a day tackling tedious network and server issues.  Ha..  It's good to be here though.

I was able to go snowboarding in the Alps, which is something I have always wanted to do. DONE!  Ah..  Incredible.  360 degree view of snow caps and blue skis.  Heaven.  There's something magical about carving down a mountain almost parallel to the ground while grazing the fresh powder with your fingertips.  These memories will last a while in my dreams.

Okay...   About the trip in April...

I have a portion of my flights booked.

Toronto - Bangkok, Thailand
Bangkok, Thailand - Delhi, India
Delhi, India - Amman, Jordan
Cairo, Egypt - Nairobi, Kenya
Nairobi, Kenya - Johannesberg, South Africa      BOOM!

I still have to book the flights for the second leg of my trip but I will worry about that later.  Good thing is...  All my insurance has been covered with the purchase of these flights.  I got a great deal.  Thank God.  One less thing to stress about.

I leave Toronto at 2pm on April 4th.

VISAS:

I need to get 2 VISA's-- One for India and the other for Thailand.  Somehow I have to get all this done while being in Switzerland.  I think I'm going to skip getting the Thai VISA because I can get a 30 day tourist VISA when I arrive and then I'll just pop over to Laos for a weekend and then come back into the country and get another tours VISA.  Does anyone have experience with this?

I'm planning to go next week to get my Indian VISA. Please pray because this can be a consuming process. Especially with India.  :)



I sat down last night to plan for the week I'm back.  I've never had a busier week in my life.  I have something book for the moment I get off the plane!  Crazy.  I'm excited though.  I love being here but I can't wait to be home.  

Back on the 28th of March...    Message me!



God Bless,

Bren




 My perception of every revelation, situation and confrontation should be based on the time tested, unquestionable fact that God is good.

4 comments:

Vivien said...

Those photos... I would be jealous except I am a Christian and it's not allowed.I very much hope to see you in Asia. That would be awesome.

Vivien said...

Those photos... I would be jealous except I am a Christian and it's not allowed.I very much hope to see you in Asia. That would be awesome.

iffatali said...

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving. Flights to Bogota

Anonymous said...

lovely

delicious swiss alps

<3

it's been too long

i skimmed through the thai stuff too

these mornings i find myself giving pad thai to a buddha

all the pictures look amazing

was happy to stumble upon blog land again (=

-snoopy