Thursday, September 29, 2011

New Camera


Hello all,

I’m still preparing to leave in January for my 18-month trip around the world.  There are a few things to tell since my last update.  Including:  I have purchased my new Camera Body!  I ended up buying a used Canon 5d Mark II.  Very nice camera and I’m confident that it was the best possible camera for me at this point in my life.  I’m working on tracking down the remaining lenses I need for the trip.  I’m getting everything used because I can’t afford to buy it new.  Used can be just as good. 

I have started going to a program called 12 step at a local church.  (More on that later)

Other than that, I have been working trying to save as much money as I can.  I still have to raise about $13,000, which is a lot of money but for some reason I feel confident it will all come in!  I have been able to save about $23,000 over the last year and a half.  I’m pretty happy with that. Still, I have a long way to go.  I should have constant work up till mid November and I’m not sure what I will do for money from mid November till the end of December.  God knows. 
I was planning on having a bike-a-thon to raise money for the trip but it turned out to be a major flop.  I couldn’t get enough people to take part.  A few people did join in and that was a huge blessing so, thanks guys!  We raised about $300 from that and about $200 from a car wash a few months ago.  Everything helps!

If anyone would like to support me financially, please let me know via email!

This has been a very short update. I will be sure to update you on news as it happens and my general thoughts on the trip as I have them. 

Thanks again for all your prayers and support.

Bren

No comments: